What Is GET UP?
The idea to develop a new training concept was derived from the need to provide opportunities to young gynecologists who are at the beginning of their surgical career with the clinical and technical training they may require to perform minimally invasive procedures. Each year, we carefully select 100 participants based on rigorous scientific criteria, extending them the unique opportunity to engage in a comprehensive four-day training experience.
Course characteristics include:
- Productive mix of lectures, interactive sessions and hands-on training.
- Outstanding European faculty.
- Great opportunity to network with peers, upcoming professionals in gynaecological surgery in Europe.
Throughout the course, we delve into crucial subjects such as laparoscopy, hysteroscopy, complications and disorder-related endoscopy.
- Knowledge to prevent complications (situational awareness) and manage them.
- Ability to navigate the endoscope in a simulated abdominal and uterine cavity.
- Ability to suture and tie laparoscopically intra- and extracorporeal knots.
Means to achieve the learning goals:
- Training of psychomotor skills in simulated environments in gynecological endoscopy.
- Short interactive communications, panel supported, on anatomical recognition, problem-solving and management and prevention of complications.
- Creation of an ambitious and pleasant atmosphere in order to optimally facilitate an effective transfer of knowledge and skills.
Join Us at GET UP 2024 in Hamburg
For the very first time, in 2024 GET UP will be hosted in Hamburg and we are thrilled to welcome you all.
The main objective of this four-day course is to transfer as much knowledge as many skills from an outstanding faculty in the field of gynecological endoscopy and hysteroscopy to you as possible.
The faculty has prepared a well-balanced program, mixing lectures, keynotes and tutorials with small-scale interactive sessions with experts and hands-on training of increasing complexity.
Faculty and organizers are giving their best to make the GET UP 2024 training course an unforgettable experience for you and we wish you happy learning.
After the registration closes on January 31, 2024, participants for the GET UP 2024 training course will be selected by the faculty based on the following criteria:
- Year of training. Priority is given to residents in their final year of training or first year after specialization.
- Evident interest in endoscopic surgery such as memberships of endoscopic societies, endoscopic courses followed, and articles on endoscopy published in PubMed. To increase the probability of selection it is important that you submit truthfully those criteria that are applicable to you. For some criteria you need to upload the confirmation documents, which may be checked.
- Regular ESGE Membership of 1 year. (https://esge.org/membership/)
- English language skills.
- Geographic spread.
Please note: Applications with no proof of status attached or where the proof of status was not created with the attached template, will be excluded automatically and not be considered according to the above criteria.
Everyone who has registered for the course will be informed by email the end of February 2024 if they have or have not been selected to participate.
GET UP is initiated by Olympus Europa SE & CO. KG and Olympus CONTINUUM.
Olympus Europa is the headquarters for the region Europe, Middle East and Africa of the Olympus Corporation, Tokyo. As a worldwide leading manufacturer of optical and digital precision technology, Olympus provides innovative solutions for state-of-the-art medical systems and education. The company’s award winning products are instrumental in detecting, preventing and healing illness, driving scientific research and documenting life with artistic freedom. In the hands of its customers, Olympus’ high-tech products and training solutions help to make people’s lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling. All Olympus professional education offerings are under one global umbrella brand (Olympus CONTINUUM), a blended learning platform which provides more educational opportunities and learning experiences than ever before.