How to check the recorder's firmware version
To check the firmware version of LS-100, do the following:
1. From the Home display, press the [MENU] button.
2. Press the Right Arrow button repeatedly to select the Device Menu, which is represented by an icon of a wrench and a hammer.
3. Press the [-] button repeatedly to select System Info, and then press [OK].
This screen will display the model number, firmware version and serial number of the recorder.
Read the following precautions before starting to update the recorder firmware.
- Backup the files in the recorder before running the update program.
- This firmware update program is only for use with the Olympus LS-100 digital recorder.
- Never turn off power to the computer while the firmware update program is running.
- Never turn off power to the recorder or disconnect the USB cable while the firmware update program is running.
To update the firmware or voice guidance of LS-100, do the following:
1. Download the update file.
2. Connect the recorder to a computer running a supported operating system using the USB cable packaged with the recorder and wait until the recorder LCD displays "Remote".
3. Close all programs running on the computer.
4. Doubleclick the update file to begin the update.
5. Follow the on-screen prompts.
6. When the update is complete, wait until the recorder LCD displays "Remote" and then disconnect the recorder.
7. Verify that the firmware version has changed to the new version number.