Read the following precautions before starting to update the recorder firmware.
- If the update fails, the recorder could be damaged irreparably. Read the instructions carefully before updating.
- The recorder's firmware cannot be returned to an earlier version once it has been updated
- Backup the files in the recorder before running the update program.
- This firmware update program is only for this model.
- Never turn off power to the computer while the firmware update program is running.
- Never turn off power to the recorder or disconnect the USB cable while the firmware update program is running.
- At least 12 MB of built-in memory is required for updating the firmware of the recorder
- Remove the microSD card from the recorder.
- Make sure to insert a battery before starting the update.