European Service Warranty
Thank you for purchasing your Olympus product.
In the unlikely event that your product proves to be defective, although it has been used properly (in accordance with the written Instruction Manual supplied with it), during the applicable national warranty period and has been purchased from an authorised Olympus distributor within the business area of OLYMPUS EUROPA SE & Co. KG as stipulated on the website: http://www.olympus-europa.com, it will be repaired, or at Olympus' option replaced, free of charge.
In order to enable Olympus to provide you with the requested warranty services to your full satisfaction and as fast as possible, please note the information and instructions listed below:
1. To claim under this warranty please follow the instructions on http://consumer-service.olympus-europa.com for registration and tracking (this service is not available in all countries) or take the product, the corresponding original invoice or purchase receipt and the completed Warranty Card to the dealer where it was purchased or any other Olympus service station within the business area of OLYMPUS EUROPA SE & Co. KG as stipulated on the website: http://www.olympus-europa.com, before the end of the applicable national warranty period.
2. Please make sure your Warranty Card is duly completed by Olympus or an authorised dealer or Service centre. Therefore, please make sure that your name, the name of the dealer, the serial number and the year, month and date of purchase are all completed or the original invoice or the sales receipt (indicating the dealer’s name, the date of purchase and product type) is attached to your Warranty Card.
3. Since this Warranty Card will not be re-issued, keep it in a safe place.
4. Please note that Olympus will not assume any risks or bear any costs incurred in transporting the product to the dealer or Olympus authorised service station.
5. This Warranty does not cover the following and you will be required to pay a repair charge, even for defects occurring within the warranty period referred to above.
a. Any defect that occurs due to mishandling (such as an operation performed that is not mentioned in the Instruction Manual, etc.)
b. Any defect that occurs due to repair, modification, cleaning, etc. performed by anyone other than Olympus or an Olympus authorised service station.
c. Any defect or damage that occurs due to transport, a fall, shock, etc. after purchase of the product.
d. Any defect or damage that occurs due to fire, earthquake, flood damage, thunderbolt, other natural disasters, environmental pollution and irregular voltage sources.
e. Any defect that occurs due to careless or improper storage (such as keeping the product under conditions of high temperature and humidity, near insect repellents such as naphthalene or harmful drugs, etc.), improper maintenance, etc.
f. Any defect that occurs due to exhausted batteries, etc.
g. Any defect that occurs due to sand, mud, water etc. entering the inside of the product casing.
6. Olympus' sole liability under this Warranty shall be limited to repairing or replacing the product.
Any liability under the Warranty for indirect or consequential loss or damage of any kind incurred or suffered by the customer due to a defect of the product, and in particular any loss or damage caused to any lenses, films, other equipment or accessories used with the product or for any loss resulting from a delay in repair or loss of data, is excluded. Compelling regulations by law remain unaffected by this.