Firmware update instructions
You can download the latest firmware updates for your camera online, in just the same way you update software for your computer. All you have to do is follow the simple steps below.
Downloading Olympus Workspace, the Digital Camera Updater is enclosed
The Olympus Workspace software with the Digital Camera Updater is required for updating the firmware of your camera. Click below to download the software.
Make sure you have the latest OM Workspace software version installed.
To get the latest firmware update for your camera you need to have the latest version of the OM Workspace installed in your computer. Follow the next steps to make sure you have the latest version.
1. Click Software Update on Help menu in the OM Workspace menu bar.
2. The updater checks via Internet if newer software versions are available.Click OK to proceed.
3. If newer software versions are available, they will be displayed in a dialog box. To apply firmware update, click Continue updating and then, on the next screen, Yes. (If you click No, the update will be canceled.)
4. Carefully read the Software License Agreement. If you accept the terms, click Agree to proceed.
5. The update program will be downloaded. After the download is complete, the update to the latest version will start automatically.
Downloading and applying the firmware
A camera's firmware cannot be returned to an earlier version once it has been updated.
Preparing to update the firmware
1. Log on to your computer using an account with administrator privileges.
2. Connect the computer to the Internet.
3. Make sure the camera has sufficient power to complete the operation.
To update the firmware of your camera, follow the instructions below:
1. Open Olympus workspace.
2. Connect your camera to your computer using the bundled USB cable.
Your camera may display a selection menu on the LCD. Please select STORAGE.
Press the camera's [OK] button to continue.
3. Click Camera
4. Click on
5. Click Next to proceed
If newer firmware versions are available, they will be displayed in a dialog box. To see what will be changed by applying an update, select it from the list and click Details. To apply a selected firmware update, click Update and then, on the next screen, Yes. (If you click No, the update will be cancelled.)
Carefully read the Software License Agreement. If you accept the terms, click Agree to proceed.
Depending on the camera model, the settings and Mysets might be saved and reloaded. This function is not available for all cameras.
The update progress will be shown on the computer.
When the digital camera's LCD displays OK, the firmware update is completed. Follow the below instructions and click the two checkboxes.
Finally, the settings and Mysets are reloaded to the camera.